For those of you who have never heard of it, #Bloggiesta is a four day event where bloggers come together to work on all those small or large blog maintenance tasks that have been piling up.
Today was the first I’ve heard about it, but I’ve jumped on board. September is a time of playing catch-up for me; kids are back at school so I can get back to the writing routine and update everything that I’ve let slide. I was planning on doing a redo of some of the stuff on my blog anyway! Bloggiesta is perfect timing for me.
So here’s my to-do list:
- come up with a schedule of posts and stick with it
- update about page and book info
- set up opt-in box for emails for a newsletter
- tidy up sidebar
I think it’s doable, but I’ll also be checking out other participants’ sites and own lists, and I’m sure I’ll come up with more. Getting a newsletter set up is a big priority, and something I’ve been to do for a while. I think I’ll combine it with my Anna Ellis books as well, so we’ll see how that works out. Setting up and sticking to a schedule is important as well. I tend to post in fits and starts and that’s not helping me gain regular readers! I’m a writer – I write. I need to write more on my blog, but not so much that it takes away from my books. It’s a delicate balance and one I haven’t done very well with! Always room for improvement.
I also have a to- do list for my books if you’re interested. If I document it, then I have to do it!
- set up Absinthe Doesn’t Make the Heart Grow Fonder ebook on Kobo and Barnes and Noble
- take Baby! Baby? Baby?! out of iUniverse catelogue
- set up Unexpecting on Createspace
- possible new cover for Absinthe
- update keywords, taglines and blurbs for all books
- finish draft of The Secret Life of Charlotte Dodd and decide what to do with it
Being a full-time writer is the best job for me, but the frankly, trying to market myself sucks! I’ve got to work on that.
So that’s what I’ve got going on. Check out #Bloggiesta and let me know if you’re taking part.