It’s my Birthday today!
It’s my birthday and right now I’m on a plane coming home from vacation. I know, not the best way to celebrate, but it’s been a great trip. At least, I think it was because I’m writing this in advance of my big day. I’m sure I had a great time!
I’m very big on birthdays, for myself and others. Everyone needs a day to celebrate being you.
While I won’t go so far to reveal just what birthday this is for me, I do have a list to share.
I read a few lists on 50 Things to do before you’re 50. While that milestone is more than a few years away for me, I thought I’d make my own list.
Ten Things I’ve Learned in my 40s
- I’ve accepted 40 isn’t as old as I once thought it was
- How to say no/Refuse to feel obligated
- Admit I’m okay with fewer friends, but they darn well better be good ones
- Accept that irrational crushes are a good thing – and that I might have the same taste as my daughter!
- Losing weight just got a whole lot harder!
- Realize I often dress like I’m still in my 20s (comfy boho/grunge)
- Realize I really can’t drink like I’m in my 20s anymore
- To stop saying sorry for things I’m not responsible for
- Not to argue with my children – discussions are okay but I am the parent here!
- Pick your battles
While there’s still more for me to learn, I think I’m off to a good start. What about you? Got your own list to share?